Saturday, April 9, 2022

My first struggle with Blender

 

As a longtime user of 3ds max, I decided to get to know the new program.

I've been interested in Blender for a long time. The program, although free, has great possibilities, so it is worth attention. I was afraid of only one thing - whether it would be comfortable to use.




As you know, 3ds max is a classic. The entire interface and way of working hasn't changed over the decades - and thankfully. I got used to it and expected Blender to be comfortable.

So far I have studied a few tutorials and I don't like it. One of the first things I did was install a plugin that changes part of the interface and keyboard shortcuts to be similar to 3ds max worklow.

The problem came very quickly. It turned out that in Blender 2.9 I have, you can't ... group objects!

What does it mean? The fact that you cannot easily group objects into one model to conveniently select it and manipulate it in the viewport. "Collections" doesn't do that, you can use the "join" option, but it does merge all the objects and you can't actually disconnect them later.

This problem discourages me from using Blender at the beginning. We'll see how it goes on.